10 QUESTIONS WITH AMBER WATSON
10 Questions with Amber Watson
There’s no better way to see what happens at DSA than to hear directly from our dancers. That’s why we have decided to start the ’10 Questions with …” so that you can get a backstage pass into the lives of our dancers. First cab off the rank is the pocket-rocket powerhouse Amber Watson. Amber is 14 years old and has been part of the DSA Fam for eight years.
1. How many hours do you dance a week?
Over 45 hours a week, plus teaching Ready Set Dance and assisting teaching other genres. I usually don’t get home until 8:30pm each night plus I dance on Saturdays.
2. What’s your preferred dance genre?
Commercial jazz and contemporary.
3. Why do you dance?
The feeling I get is indescribable, it puts energy into me and lets out all of my emotions
4. Who is your biggest inspiration?
I have a few, probably the top five are mum, Miss Abbe, Marco Panzic, Joel Murphy and Delany Glazer.
5. What’s your dream career?
When I turn 18 Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruiselines. I want to teach and do shows at the Dream Dance Company.
6. What’s the hardest thing about being a dancer?
It’s different for everyone but for me it’s my flexibility. I’m not naturally flexible but this year I have been working with Talia Fowler and I’m learning about my body and pressure points and I’m seeing a lot of improvement.
7. What’s your favourite dance that you have performed in?
Definitely ADF 2018 Beyonce Army.
8. What’s one thing you can’t live without?
9. What advice would you give to someone who wants to be a dancer?
Work really really hard and have a positive mindset because a lot of people will push you down. Be happy with how you look and feel, so you can get up and stay strong.
10. What’s it like to be a part of the DSA fam?
I’ve been a part of this for eight years and I’ve loved it since the start. The people are so welcoming, the staff know your goals and really care about you.